Jan 8, 2011

Shopping on the Weekend!!

Me and my husband Allen (from now on I am just gonna call him Allen and that's his real name) went for a weekend shopping yesterday and I got myself a few staff that I want to share with you!

The first thing and the most expensive item I got was this Teenie Weenie trench coat from my local Korean fashion boutique. I've been actively looking for a classical trench like this and I finally found one that's almost perfect for me!


I am petite like 5'1 so I got size FS. I believe it's extra small or small, I don't know, but I got the smallest out of all. They've got colors in black and beige. Allen said black's kinda boring plus I look better in beige and it'll never go out of style, so I followed his pick (Allen's a designer, so I care very much about what he thought). Since the size is a perfect fit, I don't think I can layer too much in it, which is fine for me since it never gets too cold here in Northern New Zealand. Here is a look at the pattern inside!


Now for the price, since the store is running a sale right now at 30% off all its clothes and accessories, and the original price for this piece was $213 (US$162), so I got this one for $149 (US$113). I think it's a pretty reasonable price for a trench like this. I love it like crazy!!


 The lady at the store was so kind that she gave me these two cute T shirts for free. She said she knew I did a lot of purchases from the store and it's like a gift for me. How nice, I love them!!


I also picked this pink hairband for $14( US$10.6). I adore the gold flower shaped decoration and I thought it's unique and cute!


Then we went to Swarovski, my favorite brand for accessories. My local store is having a sale right now with up to 50% off selected items. We squeezed into the crowd and saw my favorite bracelet of this season is on sale. At first I thought it's ridiculous, coz I got my piece like a month ago for a full price of $275 ($210) and now it's half off.
I was pretty pissed off and in order to cool me down Allen offered to buy me another piece in a different color. He said then I could feel like I bought two with 25% off the entire purchase. That certainly made me feel better. The shop assistant said I had two colors to choose, a red one and a grey one (In fact I was informed that the dark blue one that I bought during Thanksgiving was sold out before Christmas and was never on sale). I was told if I choose red, I can only wear it in one way and if I choose the grey one, I can wear it alone or with my dark blue piece for a much trendy look! The choice was hard at first coz I really love the red piece but meanwhile don't want to give up a trendy fun look. But then I found the crystals on the red bracelet was not shine at all, so I asked the shop assistant and she explained that there is a metallic coating on the crystals and it's not likely to come off. I grow suspicious about the quality of the crystals but I don't want to cause any trouble so I just bought the grey one for $137 ($104), but I remained suspicious about the quality of the reduced items. I told Allen I thought the grey one I just bought is not as shine as my dark blue one and Allen said I was too paranoid.
Our friend Shirley and Johnny came for a visit at our house last night, and both of them are designers as well. So I asked them to compare two of my bracelets and see if they are different. Both of them agreed with me and said the two bracelets have different crystals and the ones on the dark blue piece tend to be less translucent so it catches the light better, while the crystals on the grey piece are more translucent and don't catches the light so well; and that's why I think the crystals are more shinny on my original piece. I'm not saying the grey one is not pretty, just a little disappointed. I don't know what's going on but I do think for jewelery you pay what you get!! I don't regret the purchase though, in fact I never regret anything I did because life with regrets are just miserable, I choose to be happy all the time!!


So that's all what I splurged this weekend, hope you enjoy this! In my next blog entry I am gonna talk about my makeup routine (I did my skincare routine here), so looking forward to that. Have a great one!!

34 comments:

  1. You have a great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the trench coat! you should take a picture of it on so we can get an idea of the fit. looks like you found a great deal!

    cuteandlittle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. your bf is a designer! omygoshhh! your so lucky! im starting to take fashion soon.. maybe i can get tips cuz my bf also asks me about his fashion. lol i dont know much about guy fashion. i always just think suit n tie is cute for guys! lol yeh.. i should research more. btw i like your trench!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous trench and headband, darling!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  5. great purchases! i love that trench coat.. and it's always nice to get FREE surprises. hehe! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous purchases! It's so much fun to buy nice things- I feel like it gives me good ideas for how to put my clothes together. It's very refreshing :) That trench coat is really amazing- so classic, elegant, and versatile!

    *Claudia* x
    Molto ❤ Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow!! 2 bracelets from swarovski? so lucky!! they're both so pretty ^^ and love the trench coat as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. the trench coat looks great! and lol I got a shirt that says call me too :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the hair band and the trench coats looks very trendy :)

    I am a new follower and I have to say that you have a great blog :) Hope you drop by my blog too ^ ^

    http://sarahassansblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. The trenchcoat and the headband are very cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the trench!!

    rockoomph.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm 5'1" too! I am IN LOVE with your new trench!! Great haul and great blog!!

    diaryofashortgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooh im loving the trench coat!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Helloooo. Your blog is very nice. I liked it. I have very interesting blogs. You should visit and follow my blogs. Thanks.

    http://turkicfamily.blogspot.com/

    http://antalya-magnificent-city.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful trench! it's such a staple! i bought mine a few years ago and it dresses up any kind of outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your bracelets!! it's a good thing the bracelet you got earlier was all sold out. I'd be pissed too if it went on sale!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm like loving all that you bought! i love love love shopping(: if shopping were a sport i'd definitely be a super athlete! lol. i just happened to find your blog and i'm so glad i did! its so fun and cute and i'm enjoying ever little bit of it(:

    -maebell!

    www.maebellx3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful trenchcoat!! It's such a great score! xoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice Trenchcoat love it...

    Follow me and I would follow you back.^^

    http://johannaluv.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a gorgeous classic trench coat! (and lucky you on getting those 2 free tees!) just came across your blog- and am a fan!

    ReplyDelete
  21. love the items you've shopped!!!! love the coat a lot!

    Please visit my blog and follow me if you like:)

    xxx

    www.fashionablepris.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Everything u got is so pretty , love the pink headband^^.

    ReplyDelete
  23. nice haul! :)

    i'd love a trench like that! Black wouldn't look bad though! You should of got both!

    Lucky you! Your hubby's a designer! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice haul!
    Love the trenchcoat ^^ very classy. What I like about trenchcoats are that they are timeless. You can wear them everttime you want it!

    x~

    ReplyDelete
  25. You have a nice blog. I like the hairband that you featured here. I love pink, that's why. Please check my beauty and fashion blog. Thanks for sharing this post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. The Teenie Weenie trench coat is so nice! Love the color too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the trenchcoat! and the headband, it's lovely :))))))

    please visit my makeup blog too when u have a moment

    ke
    blissfullyke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Most. Perfect. Trench Coat. Ever.

    xoxo
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  29. i love your coat and your blogger layout! :)

    thanks for sharing!
    Oh BTW, new follower here. :)

    http://misskatv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm so glad to have found your blog!!!! I really enjoy reading your posts!!! If you have a chance, please visit/follow my blog. Your supports will mean the world to me. Thank you so much in advance! Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete